Belize City, Belize

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What You Get For Your Money

So some people have been asking what these projects are that I'm doing. I'm thrilled to give you the low-down on what good you can do. Here's what your money gets you:

$12--Soccer ball and materials for an orphanage or residential school
$35--Crafts for a school
$45--A handwashing station for communities with poor sanitation (only about half of Belize has adequate sanitation)
$125--A course in sanitation so that principles can be re-taught by mothers and fathers and teachers.
$200--A community-use toilet. It sounds silly, but many diseases are spread by lack of good toilets.
$250--An adobe stove to safely let out the lung-aching smoke of fire cooking.


Whether you just like to know what the money goes for or if you want to sponsor an entire project (say, a toilet for your annoying brother), these numbers give you an idea of what it costs to make HELP projects a reality.
In fact, if you donate these amounts and send me an email (or just post here), I'll make you up a handsome card like this:


A donation of $ 125 has been made in your name. This amount funds a sanitation course in a community to empower the poor to help their families, living longer, happier and healthier lives.



Man, that sounds like a much better present than dry, rubbery sausages or another tie.

2 comments:

  1. This is so awsome! I'm getting this stuff for everyone (almost) on my Christmas list. I just donated using smart piggy. It is way easier than I thought it would be. But I had to know your email address (mary.hedengren@gmail.com
    Thanks for letting us get in on this do-gooding action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want some cards printed out? Just let me know how many you need.

    ReplyDelete